The last week has been like Christmas. I got packages from the seller of the press, with the feed table (with the cast bracket) and the all important chase. Then I received the mini-furniture cabinet that I bought via briarpress from a printer in Florida, with a bunch of metal furniture (still waiting on the wood furniture). Ah, and I got an impression counter, not really needed, but why not.
And then there was a two week holiday in the sun and several weeks away up north.
A new resolution to throw out more stuff from the garage, so that I can fit the new stuff in place and make more room for working the press.
A list of what is required to complete the reworking of the press and make it ready to print:
- Finish cleaning and painting
- Polish / straighten press bed
- Check & correct siderail elevation to press bed
- Check & correct/adjust platen to pressbed distance
- Define motor size and purchase
- Buy and install VFD
- Buy ink rollers & trucks
- Buy first zinc plate with backing
- Buy tympan & pressboard
- Buy cotton paper
- Buy ink
Well that's it for now - pictures to come...