Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Horay I Got One!!!

This morning I got the confirming email that I am the proud owner of a circa 1925 large 12 x 18 new style C&P letterpress! It is in Seattle. And I am in Calgary. So there is a 2000 pound press move coming up in a couple of weeks.

I had been making enquiries about the suitability of the press that I was looking for and was told that I really should be looking for a larger press. Due to the rather large solid colour impressions required for my artwork the press needs to be of a larger size. One person said I should really look for a Vandercook. I tried, but could not get close to any in a month of trying. And then the cost...

I can hardly wait to get my hands on the machine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Have fun with your letterpress adventure... Janine @ Uppercase Books knows a lot about that kinda stuff I think. Also two cool websites to check out....

    http://heartfish.com/category/letterpress

    http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/living/2009/01/23/diy-make-your-own-letterpress/

    ReplyDelete